Mechanic 1: Space
•Map is created and connected by player.
Mechanic 2: Objects, Attributes, and States
2. Base pieces
4. Black Holes
1. Have attack, defense, and movement points. Attributes may vary from hexit to hexit.
2. Starting point for player. Also has attack, defense, and movement points.
3. Spawned by sacrificing a hexit card from your deck. A maximum of four ships can be placed on a hexit
4. Trap's player's ships. One ship on the hexit will be sent back to the player's reserve every turn.
5. Sends all surrounding hexits into the discard pile. Sends ships surrounding it back to the reserve.
1. Hexits (upside-down)- Player's ships must move towards them to reveal the exit.
(face up)- Ships within the hexit will be affected by the space's attributes (attack, defense, movement points). May only hold 4 ships in place.
2. Ships (movement mode)- Player must sacrifice hexits in order to gain and use movement points for ships
(attack mode)- Attacker will multiply attack points of current hexit times the # of ships on the hexit. Defender will multiply defense points of current hexit times the # of current ships on hex.
Mechanic 3: Actions
• Player can place a hex in an unbroken chain from their base to their opponent's base
• Player can discard a hex to spawn a single unit on their base hex
• Player can discard a hex to gain two movement points
• Player can spend movement points to move units off a hex
• Player can discard three cards to move a hex that the player occupies into the discard pile
Mechanic 4: Rules
• The player who occupies the opponent's base hex for one turn wins the game
• Players draw three hexes at the start of their turn
• Players can have no more than 12 hexes in their hand at the end of the turn
• Only four ships may occupy a hex
• Trap cards affect ships from both sides
Mechanic 5: Skills
• Able to read body language in case of a bluff
• Critical thinking/strategizing
• Capable of deception
Mechanic 6: Chance
• Players have a small chance of drawing out one out of two deadly trap cards.
• Players have a small chance of unveiling a trap card that will eliminate an opponent’s ships.
I hope I'm doing the game justice with this breakdown. Thanks again to Cliché Studios for developing such a fun and elegant board game! I can't wait to see what they might come up with next...